Would you like to get a glimpse into the world of private equity and leveraged buyouts? We are now looking for an Intern to Nordea Leveraged Finance.
A Nordic leader, the Nordea Leveraged Finance unit focuses exclusively on servicing the bank’s private equity clients. As part of Nordea Investment Banking, our team of 40 professionals across the Nordics is responsible for delivering first-class debt services and solutions in a broad set of situations, including leveraged buyouts, acquisition financings, dividend recapitalisations and refinancing’s.
In close collaboration with relevant units in Investment Banking, Leveraged Finance is responsible for all parts of the private equity related debt value chain including pitching, structuring, execution and ultimately the distribution of debt instruments across financial markets. We are fully committed to a product-agnostic approach and our capabilities span a wide spectrum of debt solutions including bank loan financings, distributed loans and high yield bonds.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
What you’ll be doing:
- Supported by senior colleagues, you will from day one be expected to actively contribute to solving complex financing situations for our clients
- You will assume ownership and responsibility for various key processes including the preparation of pitch material, financial modelling, as well as aggregating and analysing quantitative and qualitative data
- You will also assume responsibility for supporting the team in various internal situations learning first-hand the decision-making process of an investment bank
- On any given day, your work could range from fundamental credit analysis and financial modelling of a potential buy-out target to assisting in creating sales pitch materials for a potential high yield bond refinancing or monitoring our leveraged finance credit portfolio
The Internship lasts approximately 20 weeks, is full-time and based in Stockholm.
Who you are
- possess a combination of strong track record, whether academically or other relevant experiences, a can-do attitude, as well as a genuine interest in finance
- our organizational structure is uniquely flat, and our team culture supports people eager to learn and take on new challenges. A successful candidate is expected to be goal oriented, to take own initiatives and to have the ability to work independently on multiple challenging engagements while having a high degree of quality-consciousness
- strong communication and presentation skills, as well as solid knowledge of various computer tools (e.g. Microsoft Office) are considered vital
Your experience and background:
- Strong academic track record
- Positive mindset and an enthusiastic approach to work
- Ability to produce high quality work under tight deadlines
- A genuine interest in the financial markets
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Fluency in English, both speaking and writing (preferably also in another Nordic language)
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Read more and submit your application including cover letter, CV and grades here no later than 29 September 2019.