BNP Paribas is a European leader in banking and financial services, with a significant and growing international presence in 75 countries and nearly 190,000 employees. Corporate & Institutional Banking is the investment banking division, with a strong global presence and 20,000 employees across 50 countries, providing financing, advisory and capital market services to its clients.
The Nordic region is strategic for BNP Paribas, as a part of its European leadership and being a key growth region in the Group’s strategy. As such, the Nordic Investment Banking team is looking for interns during 2020 for 10-20 weeks in Stockholm. We seek analytical and entrepreneurial candidates capable of understanding complex financial concepts and that enjoy working in a highly driven environment. The internship offers an opportunity to work both in a global and local context, being directly involved in large, complex cross-border M&A and ECM transactions.
Main duties & responsibilities
Your role will be to assist the Nordic Investment Banking team in originating and executing transactions, exposing you to a wide range of clients and projects. The role includes:
- Gathering and synthesising financial and operating information about companies and industries
- Building and updating financial models
- Gathering market data to analyse trends and help value and price transactions
- Drafting presentations and memorandums for a wider audience
- Attending team discussions and client meetings, where you may be asked to deliver parts of a presentation
- Knowledge in accounting and valuation, with past practical experiences are considered meriting
- Can do-mentality and strong quantitative / technical abilities
- Outstanding communication and time management skills
- Excellent academic background and fluency in English and a Scandinavian language
We are open for applications as of now until October 15th and will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis. Apply via our career portal with:
- CV and cover letter
- Stating which period you are applying for
- Grade transcripts and references, if applicable
Please contact HR at Nordic.IB.email@example.com, if you need any further information.
BNP Paribas will be participating in the upcoming LINC events Investment Banking Forum and London Banking Tour at the 20/9 and the 2/10 respectively, we hope to see you there!