Full time and part time Analysts to the Corporate Finance DCM and Financial Risk Management & Trading group of Heimstaden AB
Heimstaden is one of the largest privately owned residential real estate companies in Northern Europe, and proceed to grow in a fast pace. Currently we hold some 52 000 apartments to a value of approx. SEK 108 billion, located in the Nordics, Germany and the Netherlands.
The Corporate Finance team of Heimstaden, situated in the head office in Malmö, is now looking to add one or two analysts to the team. Considering the growth of the Heimstaden group we can offer you challenging and varying tasks in a team of seven solution-oriented and driven colleagues. The Corporate Finance team is responsible for the funding of the group, including debt financing, financial risk management (including the management of a derivatives portfolio of approx. SEK 50 billion), cash management, fx and liquidity management. The Corporate Finance team is together with Group accounting and four country based Finance teams part of the CFO-office.
What we can offer:
We offer analyst roles in debt financing and Financial Risk Management & Trading, both for graduates and ambitious students with the possibility to rotate depending on the candidate’s interest and skills. You will join a small team where ambition is rewarded with responsibility and a steep learning curve. You will also face some of the most reputed financial institutions in the world and, depending on task, work in the Bloomberg terminal. For the DCM role we can offer an exposure to a variety of debt capital instruments. The role is requiring an analytical mindset and an eye for details. For the financial risk management role, you will over time be able to trade financial instruments and analyse the risk of the debt portfolio. The characteristics of the role includes an ability to make quick decisions and an analytical ability during stressful situations.
The DCM role inter alia includes the following responsibilities:
- Involved in financial modelling, forecasting and analysis of the debt portfolio
- Preparation of investor presentations for capital market products
- Prepare internal and external financial risk reports
- Adhoc calculations and Excel modelling based on acquisition and financing projects
The Financial Risk Management & Trading role inter alia includes the following responsibilities:
- Executing the company’s hedge strategies; managing interest rate- , FX – and liquidity risk
- Creating, maintaining and analysing various risk models
- Analysing and monitoring interest rate- & FX markets
- Trading/Executing derivatives (Interest Rate Derivatives, Cross Currency Basis Swaps and FX Derivatives)
- Managing the liquidity portfolio, investing excess liquidity in money market products and bonds
- Maintain a close relationship with the markets divisions of Nordic- and International banks
To fit with us and to succeed in the role we believe you have the following qualifications or at least have the ambition to pursue these qualifications:
- M.Sc. degree from a renowned university in business administration or economics (finance or accounting) or engineering related subject
- Strong financial modelling skills in Excel
- Experience using the Bloomberg Terminal is a merit
- Ideally between 1-3 years relevant experience from Real Estate, Commercial Banking, Corporate Finance, Strategy Consulting, Accounting or Markets
- Strong work ethic and integrity: candidate should be a team player who is proactive, self-motivated and have a deep intellectual curiosity and desire to learn in a fast-paced environment. We have a strong ambition to have a WE before ME mentality in the team.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Ability to prioritise and meet multiple deadlines
- Fluent in English and at least one Scandinavian language
Evidence for holding the above qualifications can for example be a university degree with strong grades, thesis with profound analytical content, part time jobs with analytical characteristics, active membership in an NGO with proven results or high grades on the national university aptitude test.
If this sounds interesting, please do not hesitate to send us your application and go to www.heimstaden.com and read more about our values and what our co-workers do and how they feel about working here.
If you have any questions regarding the positions, do not hesitate to contact us:
Adam Lindh, Head of Finance
Jesper Andersson, Financial Risk Management & Trading