ALANTRA is a global investment banking and asset management firm focused on the mid-market with offices across Europe, the US, Asia and Latin America. Its Investment Banking division employs over 320 professionals in 21 countries on 4 continents, and provides independent advice on M&A, capital raising, financial restructuring, credit portfolio, and capital markets transactions. The Asset Management division comprises a team of over 80 professionals with €4.4bn of assets under management. For more information, visit www.alantra.com.
EQMC is a c.€1bn long-only hedge fund with a private equity approach: investments in relevant minority positions in mid-cap listed companies in Europe, with a “fundamental” value focus and applying a hands-on strategy. EQMC has a concentrated portfolio (around 15 companies) focused on high-quality, niche-leading assets generally exposed to global markets. We actively engage with Boards and management teams to accelerate returns in the mid to long term by unlocking value through an ample toolkit including capital allocation discipline, strategic clarification / M&A, operational efficiencies, corporate governance or alignment of incentives.
EQMC has delivered a c.15% net annualized return over last eight years. Its performance has merited the Fund to consistently rank as Top 1% across more than 500 European open-ended funds, as well as #1 Global hedge fund in 2017 (and #3 in 2018) as per Barron’s Penta performance-based ranking. EQMC is part of the Asset Management division of Alantra, Spain’s leading independent financial advisory and asset management firm.
As an intern, you will be part of a small, international team and your day to day will involve taking a leading role supporting senior analysts in:
- Generation of investment ideas and participation in investment committees: Financial modelling and valuation, market and peer analysis, product benchmarking, industry checks, macroeconomic analysis, etc.
- Oversight of and engagement with portfolio companies: Monitoring of performance of our current investments, idea generation for active involvement, etc.
- Key support functions: Support in several administration and marketing tasks including daily fund valuation duties, reporting to the investment committee, etc.
- Genuine passion for fundamental analysis and value investing
- Strong academic background and financial knowledge (including accounting, financial statement analysis, valuation and financial modeling)
- Entrepreneurial spirit, independence, attention to detail, impeccable communication and presentation skills, and ability to work under pressure in a context of shifting priorities
- Full proficiency in English (spoken and written) and ideally a second European language
- Previous experience in investment banking, management consulting or buy-side will be valued
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office. Basic knowledge of Bloomberg will be valued
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duration: 6 months (with possibility of an indefinite contract afterwards)
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Application deadline: March 4th, 2019
Documentation to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Intern – EQMC -” and the candidate’s full name. Attachments:
- Current CV (including a photo and information about your education, work experience and extra-curricular activities)
- Cover Letter explaining your motivation to join Alantra
- Academic Transcript
Successful candidates will be contacted within two weeks of the application submission.