We are looking for talent! Are you, or do you know, our next colleague?
OQAM is a value-driven quantitative asset management company with an open-minded and innovative culture. We have a genuine and passionate interest in finance, people and technology. Our first product ia is an algorithm-based human hedge fund.
We highly value being able to employ students and to help them gain practical experience. We make sure they receive an important role at the company. We are now looking for a student that wants to be a part of our growth journey.
What we offer
You will be part of a team with people who value sharing experiences and knowledge and who see work as an opportunity to grow both professionally and as human beings. The team consists of people that have experience from successfully managing large investment mandates, building software systems for the investment management industry as well as building and running asset management companies and student employees. Our goal is that you receive a good understanding of the day-to-day operations of an asset management company. Our office in Malmö is at a shared office space with a friendly atmosphere and with other interesting finance-related companies. This office is where you will work primarily. Flexibility is nevertheless important for us and, for example during projects, we will always listen to what is most efficient for you to perform on your work.
You will work within our Investment team (Front Office) together with three full-time employees and one other part-time student employee. Tasks involve:
- Order execution – execution of orders generated by our various proprietary models. ia currently trade futures on interest rates, FX, precious metals, equity index, and Nordic single stocks. This part of the job will include a night shift (overseas market trading hours);
- Research – working with our full-time employees on various research projects that relate to our quantitative investment strategies.
Who are you?
Apart from looking for the right persons and people who value what we offer, we are looking for people who value getting hands-on experience during their studies.
We truly appreciate applicants:
- Being open-minded, value-driven, reliable, curious and pragmatic;
- Enrolled at the Faculty of Engineering; or
- Enrolled at the School of Economics and Management;
- Having at least two years left of studies; and
- Interested in 10-15 hours of work per week, including during the school’s winter and summer breaks.
In terms of skills, we are looking for students that have a profound interest in, and are interested in developing qualities related to the following:
- Finance and financial research;
- Asset management; and/or
- Data science (Python, Pandas, C#, MATLAB, SQL).
(Please note that your personality, interest, curiosity, and eagerness to learn is what we value most.)
If you are interested but have further questions, please do not hesitate to send an email to our CEO, Andreas at firstname.lastname@example.org or give him a call at 0705916698. You are also more than welcome to contact one of our current student employees, Kristoffer Nordström (M.Sc Industrial engineering and management) at 0722347002 if you have any practical questions and you deem his input might be helpful.
Are you interested and have no further questions, please send your application including a brief cover letter and CV via email to Andreas. Please send the application before 2020- 07-10. Mark the application with “Student position – OQAM”.